Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Scribbles and Scrawls

You pick it up off the shelf, in the quiet corner of the bookstore. Drawn to it's design, it's dimensions, or it's pure blankness. I love journals, new journals, fresh and unmarked. There's a separate way to appreciate one filled out, days recorded in ink. It's different with one where they haven't happened yet. Where you don't know what's coming up next. That's why I also love new blogs, and I thank you for stopping by mine.

What am I going to be writing about? Oh, a little of everything. I read somewhere that woman's brains are like an internet browser and there are always a million tabs open - that's me!! With each post, you never know which topic I'll be obsessed with that day. The overarching theme that I am approaching this blog with is echoed by both Aristotle and Jane Austen. What? You might ask what an ancient philosopher and the writer of romantic fiction have in common. This: 

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle 

“It isn't what we say or think that defines us, but what we do.” 
 
Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility

Can we live to create excellent habits? I think so. Don't worry, I plan to be both serious and frivolous. Is there such a thing as excellent frivolity? I hope so! Because I have so many things to talk about - home improvement, crafts, cooking (Paleo!), baking (NOT Paleo), reading, parenting....I'll be merciful and stop. So! I'll be back later, until then, live excellently! 

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! You are so inspiring and so real at the same time... can't wait to read more from you! :D

    <3, Your biggest fan.

    ReplyDelete